The Florham Park Public Library is hiring! See below for opportunities to join our team:
Digital Literacy Instructor (part time)
The Florham Park Public Library is seeking a part-time Digital Literacy Instructor with excellent technology and communication skills to design technology literacy programming, and deliver group and one-on-one technology instruction to adults. The ideal candidate will have experience teaching adult learners. Candidates should have intermediate to advanced computer skills, including high-level proficiency in Microsoft Office. This is a 15-20 hours/week position with day, weekend, and evening hours available. Compensation for this position begins at $18.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
This is a grant-funded, temporary position expected to run through 9/15/2022 with the possibility of continuation contingent on funding.
The Florham Park Public Library is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
To apply for this position, please send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Digital Literacy Instructor” in the subject line.
- Provides one-on-one technology help by appointment
- Designs and implements technology-related programming for adult audiences on a regular schedule
- Maintains calendar of technology-related appointments, classes, and programs
- Communicates effectively with Library staff members and neighboring libraries about programs and services aligned with the Library’s digital literacy goals
- Troubleshoots technology issues when needed
- Assists Library Director with reporting on grant-related digital literacy initiatives
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Teaching, coaching, or tutoring experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to creatively deliver training materials in an in-person and online setting
- Ability to effectively, and confidently, present information and respond to questions in a real-time environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide technical support.
- Ability to comply with record-keeping protocols
- Ability to attend in-person training at the Plainfield Public Library
Desirable experience, skills & attributes include:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)