Current Library Services
The Florham Park Public Library is open inside for most services including browsing, computer sessions, printing, copying, and independent or collaborative study. We continue to offer our contactless lobby pickup service. The periodical room is open for you to select magazines to be checked out or to read newspapers. The Ely Sun Center rooms are now available for use. Masks are required inside the library and we ask the you maintain social distancing.
HOURS FOR LIBRARY SERVICES
Monday – Thursday 9:30am – 8:00pm
Friday 9:30am – 5:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm
Sunday 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Contact the library at 973-377-2694 or at email@example.com with your questions and requests.
BORROWING FROM THE LIBRARY
Although we are open inside, we can continue to help those who prefer not to come into the library with all your borrowing needs. Call or email during our open hours for assistance.
CONTACTLESS LOBBY PICKUP
Our lobby service can be used for picking up library items, printouts, or crafts. Please wear a mask and practice social distancing. Instructions for Lobby Pickup:
1. Place holds in the catalog or by contacting the library.
2. Wait for a notice that you have items ready for pickup.
3. Call us with your library card number when you arrive to pick up your items.
4. Retrieve your items from a numbered pickup box in the lobby.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
Returns are accepted using all three of our book drops, the drive-up book drop in the parking lot, the book depository slot on the brick wall near the front door, and the book return slot near the Circulation Desk inside the library.
VIRTUAL REFERENCE AND TECH HELP
Don’t hesitate to contact us with your reference questions or technical assistance needs. Also, many of the library’s online resources are available from home 24×7. Check out the full list here.
BOOK BUNDLES, BOOK MATCH, TRAVEL PACKS, AND VIRTUAL BOOK SHELVES
There are many ways we can help find something for you to read, listen to, or watch. Complete one of our online forms, call, or email for assistance.
• Ask us to create a Book Bundle for you that contains a set of books based on your general reading selections (e.g. Christmas, Romance, or Mystery).
• Fill out a Book Match form with specific information about what your reading preferences are and we’ll hand-pick a book or two for you.
• By completing a Travel Pack form, you get to pick a staycation destination. We will then assemble a customized collection of books and DVDs related to your choice.
• Browsing the shelves has a new look with our Virtual Book Shelves. Discover new, recommended, or coming soon titles and click directly to the catalog to place a hold.
WIRELESS PRINTING AND WI-FI INTERNET
We have a new feature that allows you to print at the library from anywhere. Click here for instructions. If you need to connect to the internet, Wi-Fi access is available inside the library and in our parking lot during our open hours. Connect your device to “Library Wireless.”
Our summer programs will be held in a variety of ways: outdoors, virtual, or a combination of both. We offer activities, workshops, and lectures for all ages. Click here for our complete event calendar.
NEED A LIBRARY CARD?
We have made it easier than ever. You can apply online.
eBOOKS AND MORE
The library offers eBooks, eAudio, magazines, movies, graphic novels, music, and television shows for free with your library card. Click here to see all our digital resources. Your library card number and PIN may be required to gain access. Here is a sampling:
Books and Audiobooks
Movies and TV Shows
Career & Business
- Meeting rooms (Akhoury Room and New Jersey Room) are currently not available.
- Many MAIN libraries are operating with alternative schedules and services. You can check the opening status of the MAIN libraries here.