Current Library Services
IMPORTANT UPDATE (issued December 2, 2020)
In order to do our part to prevent the spread of covid-19 in our community, The Florham Park Public Library will scale back public access to the building beginning Saturday, December 5. On this date, we will begin offering contactless pickup service out of our lobby. Although the building will be once more temporarily closed to the public, we still offer an ever-expanding array of digital and virtual services. Throughout this time, we will be working in the library behind the scenes to keep you reading, learning, making, listening, and watching!
HOURS FOR LIBRARY SERVICES (effective Saturday December 5, 2020)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday, Thursday 10:00am – 7:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 3:00pm
Contact the library at (973) 377-2694 or at email@example.com with your questions and requests.
BORROWING FROM THE LIBRARY
We are here to help you with all your borrowing needs. Call or email during our open hours for assistance. With the resumption of the statewide delivery service, we are also able to obtain items from other libraries in the event that we do not currently have what you are looking for.
CONTACTLESS LOBBY PICKUP
Our curbside service has moved into the lobby for picking up library items, printouts, or crafts. Please wear a mask, practice social distancing, and wait outside if there is already someone inside the lobby. Instructions for Lobby Pickup:
1. Place holds in the catalog or by contacting the library.
2. Wait for a notice that you have items ready for pickup.
3. Call us with your library card number when you arrive to pick up your items.
4. Retrieve your items from a numbered pickup box that will be in the lobby.
RETURNING LIBRARY MATERIALS
Returns are accepted using the book depository at the front of the building near the entrance.
• The drive-up book drop in the parking lot and inside book drop will remain closed until further notice.
• Items that are returned will not be checked in for at least 7 days after being deposited in the book drop so they will appear on your card for an extra week.
• You will not be fined for quarantine days. If you have already returned your items, please disregard automatic reminder notices.
• We encourage you to wear a mask and practice social distancing while on the library property. Please stay at least 6 feet away from other library users and staff at all times.
• If the book depository feels full, do not jam your items in there! Call us at (973) 377-2694 and we’ll make room so that you can deposit items without damaging them.
VIRTUAL REFERENCE AND TECH HELP
Don’t hesitate to contact us with your reference questions or technical assistance needs. Also, many of the library’s online resources are available from home 24×7. Check out the full list here.
BOOK BUNDLES, BOOK MATCH, TRAVEL PACKS, AND VIRTUAL BOOK SHELVES
There are many ways we can help find something for you to read, listen to, or watch. Complete one of our online forms, call, or email for assistance.
• Ask us to create a Book Bundle for you that contains a set of books based on your general reading selections (e.g. Christmas, Romance, or Mystery).
• Fill out a Book Match form with specific information about what your reading preferences are and we’ll hand-pick a book or two for you.
• By completing a Travel Pack form, you get to pick a staycation destination. We will then assemble a customized collection of books and DVDs related to your choice.
• Browsing the shelves has a new look with our Virtual Book Shelves. Discover new, recommended, or coming soon titles and click directly to the catalog to place a hold.
WIRELESS PRINTING AND WI-FI INTERNET
We have a new feature that allows you to print at the library from anywhere. Click here for instructions. If you need to connect to the internet, Wi-Fi access is available in our parking lot during our open hours. Connect your device to “Library Wireless.”
While the building is closed, all virtual programs at Florham Park Public Library will continue. We have activities, workshops, and lectures planned for all ages. Click here for our complete event calendar.
NEED A LIBRARY CARD?
We have made it easier than ever. You can apply online.
eBOOKS AND MORE
The library offers eBooks, eAudio, magazines, movies, graphic novels, music, and television shows for free with your library card. Click here to see all our digital resources. Your library card number and PIN may be required to gain access. Here is a sampling:
Books and Audiobooks
Movies and TV Shows
Career & Business
- Public Access to the library building is limited to entering the lobby for contactless item pickup.
- The Express Browsing and Computer by Appointment service are suspended.
- Newspapers are not accessible, but we will happily print or copy articles for you to take home upon request.
- Programs, tutoring, meetings, and independent study are not permitted inside.
- Most MAIN libraries are operating with alternative schedules and services. You can check the opening status of the MAIN libraries here.