Using the Library
Get a Library Card
- Membership in the Florham Park Public Library is open to residents of Florham Park and teachers or students attending school in Florham Park. Additionally, those who work in Florham Park and do not live in a community serviced by another MAIN or Open Borrowing library are eligible for a Courtesy Card. Apply for your card in-person at the library, or signup online and start using your card from home.
- MAIN CONSORTIUM
Florham Park Public Library is a member of the Morris Automated Information Network, or MAIN, a consortium of 49 member libraries with access to a joint Library Catalog. Your card enables you to request and borrow materials from any of those libraries or walk-in to borrow materials at any libraries in the consortium.
- JERSEY CAT/INTER-LIBRARY LOAN
If you cannot locate items in the MAIN Catalog, try using Jersey Cat, a database of the holdings of New Jersey public and academic libraries provided by the State of New Jersey. For more information, contact us.
- OPEN BORROWING
Florham Park Public Library participates in a reciprocal borrowing program which allows members to visit and check out materials from participating libraries in Passaic, Warren, Sussex and many other counties. To use this program visit the Florham Park Public Library and ask for an Open Borrowing sticker for your library card. You may then visit any participating library and check out materials while you are there. One caveat, you must return the materials to the library where you borrowed them.
- BOOKS, MEDIA, MAGAZINES
Discover all we have to offer in the Library Catalog. A Florham Park Public Library card grants you access to our vast collection of books and media, which includes best sellers, recently released titles, and family-friendly materials.
- MORE THAN BOOKS
Collection of Things: Borrow items from our growing collection of “things,” including Ukeleles and a portable CD player.
LaunchPad Tablets: Available in our Children’s area are preloaded tablets with age-appropriate learning apps and games for kids.
Museum Passes: Visit a museum on us.
- LOTS OF DIGITAL AND ONLINE RESOURCES TOO!
Access our A-Z List for a complete list of resources available to you at home. Your library card number and PIN may be required to gain access. Here is a sampling:
Career & Business: Job & Career Accelerator, Ferguson’s Career Guidance Center, Business Source Elite, Small Business Reference Center, Data Axle Reference Solutions, Legal Information Reference Center
Computers and Technology
- PUBLIC ACCESS COMPUTERS 14 public access computers in the main part of the library; 4 computers in the young adult section; 6 computers and 6 Early Literacy Stations in the children’s section
- WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS Wireless is available throughout the building and meeting rooms. Anti-virus, security, and privacy protection is the responsibility of the user.
- WIRELESS PRINTING Print at the library from anywhere. Click for instructions.
- IPAD LIBRARY CATALOG 5 stations located throughout the library
- COLOR PRINTERS Accessible from the library computers. Color printouts are $.25 per page and B&W printouts are $.15 per page.
- COLOR or B&W COPIER Color copies are $.25 per page and B&W copies are $.15 per page.
- COLOR or B&W SCANNER No charge for this service
- FAXING Service available for a $1.00 per page fee.