The library offers research databases geared towards children which can be accessed by simply entering your 13-digit library card number. The databases that can be accessed from home and the library include:
- Ebscohost – This database includes:
- Primary Search- Find articles from more than 60 of your favorite magazines like Ranger Rick, National Geographic for Kids, Highlights for Children and more.
- Middle Search Plus – Find articles from more than 150 popular magazines for middle school research as well as biographies, pictures of maps, flags, and photos.
- Explora– This is EBSCO’s engaging interface for schools and public libraries. Designed to meet the unique needs of its users, Explora supports student research, classroom instruction, and patron information needs with rich, reliable content and easy-to-use functionality. It provides topic overviews, articles and videos for student research. Link to Explora Primary Schools ; Link to Explora Secondary Schools
- Facts on File – Find information about history, language and literature, science, and current events. There’s also a world atlas with up to date facts and color maps of countries and states.
From the library (no home access), go to the Research page and try these:
- Britannica Online – search this online encyclopedia.
Kid-Friendly Search Engine
- Kidsclick -Annotated searchable directory of websites created for kids by librarians.
- U.S. Government Kids Portal – Websites for Grades K-5 on topics such as Science, Arts, Computers, and Fun Stuff.
- Fact Monster– Browse this site by topic to find great information on all your school subjects or use reference materials like almanacs, atlases and dictionaries.
Florham Park School Websites